Early in May 2019, Global Indian Stories launched. Since then we’ve had the honour of sharing a wide variety of stories from around the world. We’ve had submissions from India, the UK, the USA, and Hong Kong.
As a round-up of the year, we’ve put together a Top 10 of the most read articles. We have musicians, celebrations, and courage in the face of protests. There are two articles about mental health, one about Indian food prospering in London, and a dog-lover whose passion and dedication are an inspiration to us all.
Please read, enjoy, and may these stories bring a smile to your face and a spring to your step as we enter 2020. May you be prosperous and healthy in the coming year!
- Havas Guruhi: When Music Crosses Borders
- Vikram Hazra’s UK tour 2019: Taking Indian devotional music to the global platform
- Triumph of good over tear-gas: an extraordinary story of Durga Puja in Hong Kong
- The first Maharashtra Divas celebrated at HCI London
- Ava’s Ark: an animal lover whose passion is her profession
- The first Diwali at Scottish Parliament symbolises camaraderie of communities
- From Kolkata to Harrow – a culinary journey
- Ratha Yatra in Edinburgh draws huge crowds
- The mantra of staying mentally fit
- My sunshine – a personal encounter